Software as a Service- with an acronym like that, how bad could it really be? Many pieces of software these days require a subscription, or at least, an always-on internet connection. Examples include Adobe’s Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and… your favorite video games? How did this even happen? Better yet, is there anything that you can do?
EPISODE NOTES/MISTAKES: Adobe CS6 is no longer available to purchase, Creative Cloud is the only option for the Adobe suite.
- Cisco’s website, ‘What is SaSS?’
- Adobe’s website on being a SaaS product
- Pricing for Microsoft Office Professional 2019, Home & Student 2019, 365 (Subscription Service)
- Pricing for Adobe Creative Suite, Single Application
- ProfitIntelligently.com (ProfitWell), 13 October 2020, ‘How Adobe, GoPro, Microsoft, and Gillette saved their businesses through subscription revenue’
- Microsoft Office alternative: LibreOffice
- Adobe Creative Suite: Affinity Suite (Photo, Designer, Publisher), GIMP
Opening Music: Another World by BETTOGH